- Should a vehicle be detained by the hirer. or be taken on a longer than contracted for (but see note 8), the Company reserved the right to make a proportionate additional charge.
- The company does not guarantee any journey in any given time, and will not be accountable for any loss or inconvenience which may arise from the delay or detention or any vehicle arising from any cause whatsoever. The Company will not accept any liability for damage, injury or loss for any passenger entering or leaving a coach whilst in motion.
- The company will not be responsible for any damage to, or loss of, personal property left in vehicles.
- The terms of settlement are 7 days nett prior to date of travel.
- In order to comply with the road Traffic Acts, separate fares are not to be charged, unless the following conditions are fulfilled:
(i) The arrangements are bringing passengers together are not made by the owner, operator or driver of the vehicle or by anyone receiving any remuneration in respect of the arrangements:
(ii) There is no previous advertisement to the public (not counting notices or announcements at places of work, worship, clubs or voluntary associations or in magazines circulating among club members or people attending the places of work or worship);
(iii) All the passengers have the same destination: and
(iv) Fares do not different according to distance travelled or time spent on the journey.
A vehicle is also a contract carriage when carrying parties of overseas visitors, if all the arrangements for the journey were made and each of the passengers was at that time outside Great Britain.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer and his/her agents or employees to ensure that all persons wear seatbelts on the coaches at all times while the vehicle is in motion and to be kept in reasonable order and not talk to the driver or distract his attention unnecessarily.
- Outside Contractors. All arrangements for hotel accommodation, meals and refreshments, theatre shows, boat journeys, places of entertainment, etc are made by the Company as agents for or on behalf of the Hirer, on the express conditions that the Company shall not be responsible for any loss , damage , injury, delay or inconvenience caused to passengers as a result of any such arrangements.
- Drivers' Hours Regulations. The Hirer undertakes to abide by all statutory requirements and Regulations which may in any way affect the journey in question. Drivers are familiar with these regulations and whilst they will confirm with the reasonable request of members of the party (as to the reasonableness of which the driver alone shall be the judge) they will , as far as circumstances permit depart from the destination or for Intermediate stopping places at times agreed beforehand (or specified by the driver) and to ensure compliance with the Regulations will on no account wait for members of the party who may have failed to join the vehicle at the time appointed. The Company declines all liability for any loss , inconvenience, damage or injury arising from failure to convey any such member or members of the party.
- The hirer may be liable for any unforeseen increases in costs that may rise after the preparation of this invoice.
- Any damage done to the vehicle hired, by any of the passengers during the period of hire, shall be made good at the expense of and paid for by the party hiring the vehicle.
- Under section 1 of Sporting Events (control of alcohol, etc) Act 1985, it is an offence to involve the operator, driver or agent to permit intoxicating liquor to be carried on a public service vehicle travelling to or from a designated sporting event.
- It is also an offence under this act for a person carried on a public service vehicle travelling to or from a designated sporting event to be in possession of intoxicating liquor and/or to be drunk.
- It the event of any passenger being in breach of condition 12 above, the Hirer of the public service vehicle and the passenger in breach of the condition shall be jointly and severally liable to the company and its employees or agents for all costs incurred by them and arising as a result of such breach, including any fine or fines imposed upon them by virtue of section I of the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol, etc) Act 1985.
- The hirer is responsible for all parking fees , road/bridge tolls etc. Which are in addition to the price of any coach hire and these extra costs are payable to the dri ver.
- Acceptance of the quotation implies acceptance of the foregoing conditions.